Friday 16 October 2009

Cast Change

My Cast:
Alex Varney
Stephen Shaw
Nick Craske

I chose Alex Varney to play the main character in my film because he is the only actor I know that can convey emotion in such a way that will connect with an audience. I had other actors in mind if Alex Varney couldn't play the character but Alex Varney was my first choice.

I chose Stephen Shaw for the role because he is good at playing serious and emotional characters.
However just as we were arranging to shoot the first part of my film Stephen Shaw decided that he didn't want to do the film after saying weeks before that he would. I have found a replacement for Stephen and the replacement should be better. Stephen Shaw's replacement is Harry Ebsworth. Harry Ebsworth will be better because he is a much funnier individual, and seeing as my film is a comedy, I feel that it is appropriate. Stephen Shaw on the other hand isn't very funny at all. I feel that Harry Ebsworth will be able to reveal a funny side to such a serious, disturbed character.

I chose Nick Craske for the role of the young boy because I've seen him in stage productions that required him to act naive and pathetic and he was very good at it. It is a small role in my film but it is an important one. He was my first and only choice for this role.

My New Cast:
Alex Varney
Harry Ebsworth
Nick Craske

No comments:

Post a Comment